Follow by Email

Friday, January 13, 2012

Review - Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

aahhh....How I love these new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters!

Now, about a little over a month ago I started seeing and hearing so many people raving about these new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.....I was intrigued...Prior to purchasing my first two I did some research where I found some reviews saying it was a highly pigmented lip balm and others saying it was a simply another lipstick with a nice moisturizing feeling to it...So I simply had to find out what these little wonders were all about.  I decided to start out with two colors which were Lollipop and Sweet Tart. At this point the displays were already to starting to look light and the colors were a bit limited so I was happy with my selection.  My first impression of these were, "cute packaging." They come in the standard lipstick tube form with a transparent, diamond embossed cap that matches the color of the lipstick.  It also has the standard Revlon see through top which allows buyers to see the actual lipstick, which I absolutely think is fantastic...nothing worse than buying a shade that looked good on the little sticker swatch and revealing something that looks nothing like it. Now as I opened the cap I discovered the first con was the amount of product.  It seemed to me to be less than a normal lipstick tube, and at $6.50 a piece I hoped that it would have a nice amount of product.  As far as the actual product itself....I absolutely fell in love. As soon as applied it to my lips I instantly felt how soft and moisturizing they were, so no need to add a gloss for extra hydration :). I tried Lollipop, which is a hot fuchsia color, that is so beautiful, definitely at the top of my list.  With generous application I was able to get a highly pigmented and glossy lip look. Be careful to not press down too hard, as they are lip butters and are very soft and smushable, so be gentle. I was very pleased with the color payoff.  Now depending on the shade you choose some are more pigmented than others, some have shimmer while others are a bit more sheen, and then you have your glossy pigmented colors.  As far as longevity, they do wear off when you eat, drink, talk like most lips products so reapplication is needed to maintain the look.  I've heard some people say that when it wears off it chaps their lips and dries them out, however, I haven't experienced that at all. If you continue to reapply, your lips should have no problem staying hydrated.  Now with delicious names like Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Candy Apple, and Red Velvet one might want to eat them lol however, don't be tricked, these lip butters are not flavored.....it would be fun if they were though.  I have added 3 more colors to my collection....and only three because THEY ARE SOOO HARD TO FIND. Apparently by now everyone has heard of how wonderful they are and have completely swiped out all the displays lol.  So I am still on the hunt for several more colors...creme brule, red velvet, gumdrop, strawberry sorbet. There is 20 in the entire line so I'll keep adding to my collection for sure!!! A little description of the colors I do own:
  • Peach Parfait: beautiful peachy pink color with gold shimmer.  Not as highly pigmented which makes it a great everyday color. 
  • Cotton Candy: light pink w/ gold shimmer. Also not too pigmented. 
  • Sweet Tart: pink glossy color. No shimmer, lovely pigmentation. Not a light pink but not a hot pink....simple a true pink! BEAUTIFUL!! Great spring lip color.
  • Lollipop: I LOVE THIS color!!!! Stunning hot fushia...no shimmer in this one, but it has a bit of a purple glazy look.  Overall it looks like just a very pigmented fucshia color. Great holiday season color.
  • Candy Apple: unfortunately not my favorite color on me. I was so bummed to find that with my yellow undertones it made the color look more orange on me than red :(.  It's still a beautiful vibrant glossy red color, that on lighter skin tones looks amazing so I highly recommend this for fair skin tones with pink undertones. 
My top picks: Peach parfait and cotton candy, since they are so wearable throughout any time of the year. And LOLLIPOP! just because of how simply gorgeous the color is and the color payoff is amazing!!!
 
Swatches are available on my video as well as other fun details :) Overall, I love these lip butters. The feel is amazing and the colors available are a nice range of selection for all likings. LOVE!!!!!!

 Keep a look out for my upcoming review on Latisse :)!!!!!! Until next time :)
Much Love, XO~ Em         

3 comments:

  1. Hey there beautylish friend :).. checked out your page. Hope you can follow my blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lip butters don't come out until march in the UK! i really want them now!! thanks for visiting my blog back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing everyone raving about these as well! I must give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete