Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

REVIEW - Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

Hi Dolls!! I'm sure many of you have heard of the wonderful Color Tattoo Eyeshadows that Maybelline has come out with.... and let me tell ya....they are AMAZING! If you are a MAC paint pot user, you will be impressed with these creamy wonders.  I usually tend to steer clear from any creamy eyeshadow that aren't the paint pots but when I heard all the raving about how genius Maybelline was to create these I decided to give them a shot. My first thoughts: nice packaging (similar to paint pots in the glass container with the black screw on cap), good amount of product (.14oz, compared to MAC's paint pot .17oz...only a .03oz difference), great range of colors (neutrals and bold colors), great price point!!   It took me a bit to find them since most displays were completely sold out, but finally got 5 of the 10 colors in the collection at a Rite Aid by my house.  Make sure to watch my Review video on them for swatches :).... I'll briefly list and describe the colors I got and also give you the main reasons why I think these are a great buy. 
  • Too Cool - white, icy/frosty color.  Great for highlighting the brow bone and inner eye corners.  You can also dab some along the top of the cheek bone for nice highlight. 
  • Tough as Taupe - MY FAVORITE!! - Matte (which is very hard to find in a creamy eyeshadow) taupish-gray color. 
  • Bad to the Bronze - another FAVORITE - beautiful bronze
  • Bold Gold - Nice, rich true gold
  • Pomegranite Punk - beautiful burgandy color, very similar to MAC's eyeshadow Sable except in a cream form. 
The other colors in the line which I was not able to find, but am still on the look out for are:  Tenacious Teal (beautiful vibrant teal), Paint me Purple ( pastel purple), Audacious Asphalt ( nice graphite silver, would work well for a smokey eye look), and a beautiful green and orange that I am not too sure of their names. 

REASONS I LIKE:
  • With a price point of $6.99 they are much more affordable than MAC's paint pots which you are usually looking at spending anywhere form $19 - 20 something dollars on. 
  • Great range of colors (including neutrals and bold colors), still not as many as the paint pots have to offer but a great start. 
  • AWESOME color pay off - these shadows are very highly pigmented!!! They work will for both soft looks and dramatic pigment intense looks (just build on more layers)
  • Long Lasting - these are wonderful because they do NOT crease at all!!!! and it stays in place all day.  Once they dry they're not going anywhere lol....of course until you take off with makeup remover haha. 
Overall, I would definitely recommend trying these out for yourself.  I've had an awesome experience with them those far, and like I said I usually tend to not give in to anything other than paint pots.  :)

Much Love, XO - Em

2 comments:

  1. I've seen so many reviews on these eyeshadows but the pigmentation looks great on them!

    ReplyDelete