Follow by Email

Monday, January 2, 2012

My very first blog!......Intro time :)

Hello everyone :)!! Welcome to my blog! I've actually been wanting to start this for THE LONGEST TIME....I wanna say probably since back in 2010... but theres been sooo many things I've had to prioritize and I really didn't want to fully start until I knew I was able to dedicate myself fully.  I made starting this blog one of my 2012 new year resolutions because I've just been so anxious and obsessed with starting it that it was a MUST!! So I guess I will start by introducing myself..... My name is Emily :) I'm not a professional make up artist or licensed aesthetician...I'm just a girl with an obsessively huge beauty addiction, with a huge ambition to learn and grow in anything from make up, skincare, fashion, hair...to even fitness (although I will totally admit I am more likely to fall of that wagon myself at times lol)...a little something I like to call GLAMBITION!!  So I guess you can say my blog is simply going to be about things I've learned personally, things I've read or heard of and tried out myself, looks I like or come up with, etc.  So from one girl to another sharing some glam tips.. :) Let's see....2011 was a pretty BIG year for me, lots of accomplishments and memories that made it the best year ever! I'm a recent newlywed... 2 months and 9 days to be exact, to the most amazing man ever!! He's been a huge supporter of my dreams and has made sure to push me to launch this blog :) I would have to say that wedding planning was my major hobby in 2011.  I also graduated from Cal State Univ. Bakersfield with my Bachelors of Science in Marketing/Business Admin., I trained for and ran my first 1/2 marathon at the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series in San Diego, Ca. back in June, hence some of the reasons I was not able to start blogging lol.  I currently work for a plastic surgeon here in my hometown of Bakersfield, which I would have to say is where most of my skin care product/treatment and health knowledge comes from.  My husband has been so great about supporting my beauty product addiction and I am oh soo grateful to him for that :) 
Ok so why start my blog now?.....Well like I mentioned I've been wanting to start one for the longest so I made it one of my top resolutions and recently I've been getting a lot of people, both friends and mostly randoms complementing different make up looks and asking what type of products I use, suggestions on skin care products, etc.... Thats definitely been the motivation for me to get with it and start this already.  :) I will also be vlogging on youtube....tutorials, product reviews, Q&A's, OOTD, and much more...you can find me at www.youtube.com/mysecretglambition starting tomorrow....well I guess later today since it's already past midnight lol. I will be doing my intro video along with a tutorial on the look I wore for New Years Eve :) I hope that you will join me on this journey and that you enjoy what I love! :) Please subscribe if you're curious to see whats in store :) 
Much Love, XO ~ Em 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of beauty blogging :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your wedding and everything you achieved last year! Can't wait to read more of your blog :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Emma - Thank you so much! I'm excited for the fun experience! :)

    @ Celestecohen - Thank you!! I'll definitely be following you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K so I have to ask how did you get your banner for your blog? cuz I've always wanted one but have no Idea how to get one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ VSDoll86 - I actually made it myself using Adobe's CS5...it took me forever to figure it out but once I got the hang of it it was pretty easy just time consuming lol.... i just downloading the 30 day trial and started playin with it :) if you need help just email me at mysecretglambition@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks hun I'll have to try it out then :)

    ReplyDelete